I want to update a few issues and share a few thoughts.
Hope is not a strategy. Hedging prevents losses. I don’t like hoping for a stock to rebound. Hope is for religion, weather, gambling, horse shoes, and the Super Bowl outcome.
1. Our holdings are strong. Many possess a catalyst for upward movement.
2. Any name that has weakness – and we can sell and own an improved position – will be replaced. If our portfolio can be improved – then that’s the action I’ll take.
3. We have hedges for market weakness.
4. OCI Partners LP (OCIP) bounced today as it benefits with lower natural gas; and higher methanol prices. Methanol is pricing extremely well right now.
5. Position without hedges cause panic. Thus I hedge.
6. The emerging markets are causing a few hiccups in the market place.
7. There are a few changes I want to make – and will send those out.
Thanks & please feel free to ask any questions on the forum.